Property Rights are the cornerstone of personal liberty in America. Without them We the People would simply be serfs. The loss of personal property rights is a key goal of those advancing Agenda 21. Remember this as you read this article, which highlights the horrible process that is being used all across America to advance a massive network of bike paths.
Below is a list of the wrong-headed ways the land for this bike path is being procured and its impact on the land owners, taxpayers in general, and the Constitution.
1. The property owners, if they lose this lawsuit, will lose their property rights, privacy, personal security, and legal fees.
2. Without asking the taxpayers, if they approve of this board’s actions, the purchase of the land for the bike path will be paid for by taxpayer dollar.
3. The officials, who are promoting this, are unelected, unaccountable bureaucrats. If you do not like what they are doing, you have no direct recourse such as voting them out.
4. 80% of the money being used to buy the land is money being diverted from the Federal Highway Fund. The success of our economy hinges on adequate, well-maintained highways not on the existence of bike paths.
5. The land for the bike path would be taken through eminent domain. Eminent domain should be used only in an effort to create significant economic good for society-not for recreation, as is the obvious reason in this case.
Bike paths are great, but only IF the bike paths are paid for AND maintained with private funds AND the land is purchased without the use of eminent domain.
To read the entire article click on this link.